To use Classroom, you sign in on your computer or mobile device and join classes. After you join a class, you can get work from your teacher and communicate with your classmates.
You can join a class with:
- A class link—Your teacher sends you the link.
- A class code—Your teacher sends or tells you the class code.
- An email invite—Your teacher sends you the invite.
After you join a class on one device, you're enrolled in that class for all devices.
Join with a class code
Your teacher can tell you the class code. After you get the code, follow these steps:
Go to classroom.google.com.
Make sure to sign in with the correct account. If you're already signed in and need to switch accounts, in the top-right corner, click your profile pictureselect or add your account.
- At the top, click Join class .
- Enter the class code from your teacher and click Join.
If your teacher turns on Meet for Classroom, you can join a video meeting for your class. You can join a class video meeting after the teacher starts the meeting.
To use Meet, you have to sign in to Classroom with a school account. Your account looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap the class.
- Choose an option:
- At the top of the Stream or Classwork page, tap Meet .
- On an announcement or post, tap the video meeting link.
- (Optional) To allow Meet to use your camera and microphone, tap Allow.
- Before you join, at the bottom, make sure you’re signed in with your school account. If you need to switch accounts, tap Switchselect the Classroom account.
- To join the class video meeting, tap Join meeting.