- About Us
- Specialization of Department
- Student's Strength
- Research Project
- Our Result
- Future Plan
Department of Botany offers Botany subject up to second year of B. Sc. Program. It is established in 1996 with the establishment of Science faculty in the college.
- To strengthen basic concepts of students in Plant sciences.
- To consult students to find career opportunities in plant sciences.
- To sensitize students about current environmental issues and help them to become responsible citizens.
- Plant Science for Human Welfare.
SPECIALIZATION OF DEPARTMENT
The department offers Botany subject up to second year only of B. Sc. Program.
Year 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 2018-19 Class M F T M F T M F T M F T M F T M F T FY 14 26 40 14 40 54 22 29 51 11 29 40 11 32 43 16 28 44 SY 02 04 06 09 18 27 05 24 29 06 16 22 04 20 24 07 12 19
Minor – 1, Mumbai University, 21400/-
‘Proximate Constituent Analysis from Seed Kernel of Alphonso Mango (Mangifera indica L.) from Sindhudurg District’. University of Mumbai. Sanctioning Ref – APD/237/49 of 2012 dated 17th Nov 2012. Amount – 21400/-.Submission Ref – SRM/103/Science/2014-15 dated 10/06/2014
|Name of the Resource||Description|
|Laboratory||Well equipped WI-FI enabled laboratory having space of 880 sq. ft. and working capacity of 20 students|
|Departmental Library||80 books on Syllabus Topics + Other general books, Flora's for Plant identification.|
|Computer with Internet facility||For referencing & updating information|
|e- Books||30 e-books on variety of topics|
|Lecture Notes||Printed Lecture Notes for some selected papers|
|Audio- Visual CD’s||06|
|Botanical garden||For field study of various category of plants.|
|Tree Plantation in Botanical Garden Oct 2019||Tree Plantation in Botanical Garden Jan 2020||Poster Competition During World Wetlands Day
|Excursion to Dhamapur Forest Reserve||Excursion to Dajipur Wildlife Sanctury Jan 2019||Celebration of World Wetlands Day 2nd February|
- To start applied certificate course related to plant sciences.
- Enrichment of the Botanical garden.
- To start T. Y. B.Sc. Botany.