The N. S. S. has a special importance in the curricular activities. Students volunteers are expected to serve the for the society, along with curricular studies. In that view the program like heath programmes, studies. In that view, the programmes like health programmes, Village/Town development projects, plantation, construction of weirs etc. are organized and conducted successfully under this scheme. One day camp or special camps for the same are organized during vacations. If the students honestly works for 120 hours throughout the year, then he/she is eligible to receive a University certificate and gracing of 10 marks in final examination as per the University Rules.
- To introduce the learners to the pedagogical process of sociological reflection and analysis based on empirical observations.
- To understand the community and its inter-related aspects.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve in the problem-solving.
- To develop a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To utilize the knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony.
Activities/ Programmes Undertaken
- Leadership camp
- Water conservation
- Bamboo management
- Disaster management
- Youth Parliament
- Theme based camps
- Participation of Volunteer and PO in University state and District level camps.
- Cancer and Organic Farming
- Seven day special residential camp adopted village- Pandur etc.
- One day camps – College premises, adopted village- Pandur etc.
- Blood Group and Hemoglobin Check up, blood Donation Camps.
- Theme based camps- Two Days Bamboo Management.
Celebration of Days
- Independence Day
- Republic Day
- International Yoga Day
- Inauguration of NSS social Justice Day
- NSS Day 24th September
- Sadbhavana Day
- Savidhan Day
- Youth Day
- Celebration of NSS Day on 24 September.
- Rangoli Competition.
- Poster Making Competition.
- Aids awareness
- Voter awareness
- Plastic ban
- Swatchta awareness sardar vallavbhai patel jayanti
- National integrity day
- Celebration of centenary year of K. M. S. P. mandal kudal high school, kudal
- Waste to compose
- Save girl Child
- Disaster Management
- Swatch Bharat Abhiyan
- Water Conservation – Building Vanrai Bandhara
- Bamboo Management
- The NSS Unit received District Level Best Unit Award from Mumbai University for the year 2016-2017.
- Dr. N.P. Kamble awarded District Level Best Programme Officer for the year 2016-2017.